Concours de dissertation de l'AUC
Rules and Requirements
- There may be up to two (2) Prize Essay presentations at each scientific meeting; one (1) on a basic science subject and/or one (1) on a clinical subject related to urology.
- The Prize Essays will be selected from the submissions for each annual scientific program. The competition is open to only residents and fellows who are currently in a residency or fellowship program, or who have completed residency or fellowship not more than three years previously, and are currently practicing in Canada, or intend to begin practice in Canada upon the completion of residency or fellowship.
- The Prize Essay should be in the form of a manuscript, and shall not have been previously published or awarded a prize, nor shall it have been presented to any meeting other than to the author’s institution. Submissions must be accompanied by a letter stating that the manuscript has not been previously published, or received a prize.
- The paper should be written in the form of a scientific manuscript and at a length no more than 2500 words, single-spaced, size 12 font, not including an abstract. Please note that any figures that are included must be a JPG and in high resolution (minimum 300 dots per inch (dpi)). The full paper includes: the abstract, body of manuscript, figures, table, appendix and references. The maximum 2500 words does not include the title page nor the abstract. The paper should suit the CUAJ guidelines found here: http://www.cuaj.ca/index.php/journal/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions.
- The winning Prize Essay(s) will be presented during the scientific program and the full manuscript will be published in the CUAJ. The winner will receive free full registration (including social events), three nights hotel at the Annual Meeting and ground transportation organized from the airport to the hotel and back. The winner will be given an award at the CUA Lunch Time Award Session on Tuesday, June 26, 2018.
Please submit your manuscript via e-mail, to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST, March 16, 2018. If you have submitted an abstract through the online abstract submission process please include the Abstract ID in your email.